Just this month, DISH Network announced that their new Hopper 3 is available to customers nationwide! This new whole-home DVR system features 16 tuners, an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously. In the coming weeks, Hopper 3 will launch the Netflix app and integrate Netflix titles into its universal search results.
This is great news for us because we’re DISH customers and we prefer to stream Netflix through our Hopper rather than having a separate stream box.
According to DISH, the new Hopper 3 is packed with industry firsts, making it the most advanced DVR in the world. New features that customers will love include:
· 16 tuners – Hopper 3 contains 16 tuners, making it easy for viewers to watch shows in multiple rooms, view live programs remotely via DISH Anywhere and set multiple recordings, all at the same time and without the need to manage conflicts or cancel timers.
· 4K video – Hopper 3 decodes and outputs 4K video and comes equipped with a selection of 4K programming, including titles from Sony Pictures. 4K content from Netflix will also be coming to Hopper 3 in the near future.
· Support for seven TVs – Hopper 3 supports up to six Joeys simultaneously, powering a total of seven TVs at one time. The DVR is compatible with the standard Joey, Wireless Joey and 4K Joey.
· Universal search with Netflix – Hopper 3 will soon feature the Netflix app and integrate Netflix titles into its universal search results. With this new functionality, customers who search for a TV series will see a list that incorporates episodes from Netflix, DVR recordings, on demand options and future airings, depending on availability of each.
· Sports Bar Mode – Another feature coming soon to Hopper 3 is 4K Sports Bar Mode, a multi-channel view that divides the TV screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different program in HD.
Also newly available to DISH customers is the 4K Joey which plays back 4K ultra HD content and easily integrates with Hopper 3 to provide a whole-home solution for customers with multiple 4K televisions in their home.
Qualified new and existing customers can receive one Hopper 3 at no upfront cost. The Hopper 3 system requires a whole-home DVR fee of $15 per month and $7 per month for each Joey, including the newly available 4K Joey.
I received free DISH services as part of their ambassador program. All opinions are my own and were not influenced.